Xgl/Xegl future?

Christian Parpart trapni at gentoo.org
Sat Aug 20 02:25:21 PDT 2005

On Friday 19 August 2005 12:39, Dave Airlie wrote:
> > I mean, regarding competition to OS/X and the upcoming Win32, I really
> > fear for what ppl are going to say about UNIX's user interface.
>
> You fall into Jon's trap there, developers aren't motivated by fear or
> OS/X or Windows, nearly every X developer doesn't care, we just want
> to make X better.

it's not that I wanna win the competition with win/osx (I don't have them
installed, so can't compare);

but what I want to, is a neat X with neat visual appeal. And I know that we
could achieve much of it when having OpenGL backing all drawing.

Regards,
Christian Parpart.

--
 10:49:14 up 149 days, 23:56,  0 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.06, 0.04