modular CVS building problem linking app 'ico'

Tue Aug 16 08:21:56 PDT 2005

Hmm.  I was triggering off the XTHREADS defines in XlibConf.h for thread
support but forgot to add a library check.   (Worked for me because I
was testing on a system with threads functions in libc, and I forgot not
all systems have that.)

Unfortunately, the Xthreads support uses a variety of different functions,
so a simple check for pthread_create won't always work.   I'm not sure there's
any good way to do this other than setting the right set of libraries in the
x11.pc for other programs to pick up (or perhaps a new x11-threads.pc)?

Any have a better idea?

	-alan-