xorg cvs server segfaults with indirect rendering

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at develer.com
Sat Aug 13 14:08:44 PDT 2005

Jerome Glisse wrote:

> On 8/13/05, Bernardo Innocenti <bernie at develer.com> wrote:
>
>>I've built mesa separately, but still no luck (same black
>>screen).  I couldn't get CVS Mesa to build in the monolithic
>>tree (setting MesaSrcDir) because the Imakefiles don't include
>>all the needed files.
>>
>>Here's my dmesg output:
>
> I wasn't clear, i always mean to build mesa separately :) Anyway
> did you use drm cvs too ? Another person have faced a similar
> error. This could be a bug thought...

Yes, this output was from DRM's CVS code.

Using the in-kernel DRM modules disables acceleration
with the latest Mesa.

Should I checkout code from a few weeks ago and hunt
for the exact patch that caused this regression?

If you already have an idea, I may do some testing
and maybe dump some values with printk.

\X/  http://www.develer.com/