xorg cvs server segfaults with indirect rendering

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at develer.com
Thu Aug 11 18:16:42 PDT 2005

Roland Scheidegger wrote:

> indirect rendering (by disabling dri in xorg.conf) segfaults X here
> sometimes (with a radeon 7200, if it matters). Running glxgears works
> fine, but moving the glxgears window around kills X consistently within
> 1-3 seconds. I think this happens since the Mesa 6.3 import (not
> completely sure though).

Also happens here (Radeon 9200 PRO on x86_64).

Since a couple of weeks, I also can't start the X server with
direct rendering enabled.  The system doesn't hang, but the
screen remains black even after switching back to the console.
(but the monitor reports an 81KHz/85Hz signal).

I didn't report this before because I'm still unsure whether
it's really caused by a DRM or Mesa bug.  Switching back to
the in-kernel version of DRM didn't help.

\X/  http://www.develer.com/