Stopping work on EGL and Xgl

Francesco Pretto ceztko at aliceposta.it
Fri Aug 12 19:49:34 PDT 2005

Jon Smirl wrote:

 > I have
 > been trying without success for the last year to attract more people
 > to work on Xgl.

For me, the real disappointing thing is that neither big Vendor like
Redhat, IBM, Sun (except Suse!) nor Nvidia or Ati are interested in
Xgl... And there are components needed by Xegl, like an external input
subsystem with hotplug functionality, that would be useful for the
modular Xorg tree too! It's very sad that in the 2005, with a new
Windows coming in the next months, we are still relying on over 20 years
old technologies just because vendors consider them "good enough"...

Unfortunately, just an end-user here...

ceztko