R7.0: missing xterm and libdrm, and version numbers

Detlef Vollmann dv at vollmann.ch
Thu Aug 11 08:55:30 PDT 2005

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Please see xorg-modular emails:
>
> http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-modular/2005-August/000631.html
>
> http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-modular/2005-August/000632.html
>
> http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-modular/2005-August/000633.html
Thanks for the pointer.

> Maybe we should build a list of vendors that have been widely using the
> "experimental" xlibs where decreasing the version numbers doesn't make
> sense.
>
> What specific packages for OpenEmbedded?
Essentially all from the xlibs tree with numbers not beginning with
"0.".
And as OpenEmbedded is essentially a source code distribution, and
the build system prefers higher package version numbers over lower
ones, it's not only runtime dependencies.

But we've decided to prepend a epoch number for X11R7, so it's not
really a problem.

 Detlef

--
Detlef Vollmann   vollmann engineering gmbh
Linux and C++ for Embedded Systems    http://www.vollmann.ch/