contributing new font package for xorg

Qianqian Fang fangq at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 10 13:15:17 PDT 2005

hi Dan

there are possibilities for re-license the font, however, you may already
noticed from our font contributors list
(http://wqy.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/eindex.cgi?WhiteDragon_CREDIT), there are
several important previous works that our font built upon, and those works
are all GPLed. Therefore, the changes in license should get consent from all
copyright holders, which could be very troublesome.

Correct me if I am wrong, it seems to me that fonts are more independent in
license forms than linking libraries. I don't know what is required for xorg
distribution. If our license later on turns out to be a major obstacle for
the usa of the font, we may think of reaching all copyright holders to seek
the possibilities of alternative licensing. However, for now, it seems GPL is
fine to us.

Qianqian