radeon driver, dual head

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 08:41:40 PDT 2005

On 8/7/05, Christoph Bauer <ich at christoph-bauer.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the ! is wrong in radeon_driver.c. Xorg.0.log looks then better,
> but my (secondary) monitor turns off then.
>
> ***************
> *** 2077,2083 ****
>       info->OverlayOnCRTC2 = FALSE;
>       info->MergeType = MT_NONE;
>       if (pRADEONEnt->MonType2 != MT_NONE) {
> !       if(!pRADEONEnt->HasSecondary) {
>             info->MergeType = pRADEONEnt->MonType2;
>         }

this is necessary since HasSecondary is TRUE if there is another
instance of the driver handling crtc2.  If there is no second
instance, then we set mergedfb clone mode by default if a second
monitor is detected.  What exactly are you having problems with?  Are
you trying to set up dualhead?  You may need to use the monitorlayout
option if the driver can't detect your attached monitors.  If you are
getting a crash, Alan Coopersmith fixed a bug last night. see bug
4001.

Alex