display lists broken in Mesa maybe due to glapi dispatch changes (?), and an Xthreads problem

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Thu Aug 4 06:39:00 PDT 2005

(sorry for the previous message, wasn't meant to be sent...)

Ian Romanick wrote:
> This patch *should* fix everything. :)  I built it on a system
> *without* X.org 7.0rc0 on it, so there may still be build problems on
>  those systems.  Dunno.
Works for me on r200 (built on latest xorg cvs). Everybody's favorite
benchmark runs once again :-).

>> I'm really, really confused as to why this bug doesn't hit X.org
>> CVS builds.  The only way that it would not hit is if IN_DRI_DRIVER
>>  isn't set.  If that's the case, it's also a bug.  I'm not sure if
>> we should just apply this patch (should just need the changes to
>> dispatch.h) to X.org CVS or re-import Mesa with the patch applied.
>> Fortunately for me, it's not my call to make. :)
>

> I'm going to try and figure out what's going on with the X.org build
>  tomorrow (Thursday).  My guess is that IN_DRI_DRIVER isn't included
> in the defines.
This seems correct. I've just done a make World and nowhere in the log
did it mention IN_DRI_DRIVER. It doesn't define USE_EXTERNAL_DXTN_LIB
neither, no idea if this is intentional?

Roland