mouse freezes in Xorg on ASUS P4C800 Deluxe

cengizkirli cengizkirli at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 04:10:40 PDT 2005

On 7/29/05, cengizkirli <cengizkirli at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/29/05, Burkhard Carstens <suse-ml at onlinehome.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > now I know why I set USB to "module": with USB "built-in" it does not
> > > reboot. on Debian it just prints "Rebooting..." and that's all that
> > > happens. hmm, maybe ACPI related, though with 2.6.13-rc3-mm2 I don't
> > > get the "executable code found" ACPI warnings anymore but who knows.
> >
> > I had a lot of problems with this board until I disabled "USB legacy
> > support" in BIOS.
>
> Disabling "USB legacy support" did not help.

it work with the following config:
- USB as "Module" not "builtin" to prevent reboot problems
- no USB HID support selected
- USB mouse attached via USB_to_PS/2 adapter

ergo, please be careful with attaching a USB mouse to the USB
port when you're forced to use one of those not-so-bugfree ASUS
boards like P4C800 Deluxe.