CVS Update: xc (branch: trunk)

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed Apr 20 15:39:13 PDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 12:33:44AM +0200, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> >On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> >>Wouldn't be better to fix the X server code to use the same path as libs?
> >>What path are the other xtrans servers using ?
> >
> >daniels changed the server code today
>
> why ?

Because #include "Xproto.h", #include "Xv.h", et al, is rather
pathological, so I dropped in a (rather large) patch to make the server
use the exact same conventions as clients have been using for the last
however many years: <X11/Xproto.h>, <X11/extensions/Xv.h>, et al.

> >and forgot to commit lib/xtrans/Imakefile.
> >The server now uses include <X11/Xtrans/Xtrans.h> most likely for
> >separating
> >the Xtrans headers from the core headers. The libs still use
> ><X11/Xtrans.h>.

As a note: the libs should probably use X11/Xtrans/Xtrans.h, then.

> So do trans servers outside of Xserver (like xfs or lbxproxy). I still
> don't see the need for X11/Xtrans/Xtrans.h.

When the modular tree was split up, it was using X11/Xtrans, and I
didn't see why this was a bad thing.  The X11/* namespace is very
cluttered indeed.