render improvements

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 15:58:46 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 18:00 -0400, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-18-04 at 15:36 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 11:59 -0400, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > >
> > > The MMX code in the xserver tree is broken here (only the shadows of
> > > translucent windows are visible), [...]
> >
> > Hmm, can you be specific about how you are testing here? I've seen some
> > problems that I'll try to track down, but more information about what is
> > broken at the moment would be useful.
>
> Just run a compositing manager on Xephyr and make any window
> translucent. As soon as it stops being fully opaque, it becomes
> invisible (except for some small, seemingly random areas, sometimes),
> you only see the shadow behind it. So the global alpha value of the
> window doesn't seem to be handled correctly.
>
> If you can't reproduce it, I can create screenshots tomorrow at work.

OK, fixed in xserver.

The same fixes need to be merged back to xorg (I guess I shouldn't have
turned down that offer of commit access to xorg so fast...)

In xorg the function is called fbCompositeSrc_8888x8x8888mmx() instead
of fbCompositeSrc_x888x8x8888mmx. (I fixed the name when merging, but
not the function.)

Regards,
						Owen