does i915 support have a problem with screens

Kim Schulz kim at schulz.dk
Mon Apr 4 03:08:45 PDT 2005

[snip]
> > > This is Intel's latest laptop chipset and X.Org have not yet
> > > released a version that supports this chip. The current CVS of
> > > X.Org does support it though. So if you can build from source
> > > you'll get support for your chip.
> >

> > Ahh that explains it. I thought that it was covered by the i915
> > kernel module and i810 xorg module combined.
>
> It is covered by the same modules, but they've been updated to support
> the i915GM.
>
> > Is there any special parameters I need to add while compiling ?
>
> Nope.

so now I got it to compile (missed the libpng3-devel package) but the
output is the same.

See my new Xorg.0.log here:
http://www.cs.aau.dk/~kim/Xorg.0.log

Any ideas of what is wrong now?

The xorg.conf is the same as mentioned earlier.

--
   Kim Schulz   | Linux - Your Choice! Your Opinion! Your life!
 Geek by nature |