where is the virtual screen code?

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 12:23:11 PST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 11:46 AM, Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diógenes
<cerdiogenes at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I search in the source code of x.org the code where is implemented the
> virtual screen, but I couldn't find it? Someone knows where it's
> implemented?
>
> Maybe it's not very clear, but the code that I want to see is the one
> that manage the screen when you press <Ctrl><Alt><KP_+> and you can
> change the resolution and get an virtual screen.

On the DDX side you'll want to look at XXXSwitchMode(), which changes
the mode on the crtc, and XXXAdjustframe() which changes the crtc
offset within the framebuffer. XXX being the driver name (RADEON,
Savage, etc.).  The size of the framebuffer is based on the largest
mode in your config or the virtual size specified in your config. take
a look in xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86

Alex