ZAxisMapping doesn't work on Mouse

Evan K. Langlois Evan at CoolRunningConcepts.com
Thu Sep 30 13:00:50 PDT 2004

Try this:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
        Option          "Buttons"       "5"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
EndSection

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 13:23, fis at wiwi.hu-berlin.de wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I tried the following config:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Mouse0"
>         Driver      "mouse"
>         Option      "Buttons" "3"
>         Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "false"  # (is this still necessary at all?)
>         Option      "Protocol" "auto"
>         Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
>         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "Y"
> EndSection
>
> Which had the wrong effect: Mouse pointer moves up and down when using
> the wheel.  However, the wheel didn't cause any X events visible to
> xev(1) when mapped to buttons N1 through N2 resp. N4 as discribed in
> the manual.
>
> Is there anything else to try?  Is it correct that the mouse *should*
> work (as the "Y" setting does)?
>
> It's a gentoo xorg system (x11-base/xorg-x11 6.7.0-r1); I can put more
> hardware specs online if anybody wants to know.
>
> thanks a lot,
> matthias

Thank You,
Evan K. Langlois
Evan at CoolRunningConcepts.com

http://CoolRunningConcepts.com
Cool Running Concepts.
"Computing at the Speed of Thought"

http://CoolRunningConcepts.com

Telephone:    (682) 365 - 0142

This email is intended for the addressee only.  This material may be
privileged and may contain confidential information.  If you have
received this email in error, please notify Cool Running Concepts
immediately, by email, and delete the original.

Thank you!