I2C driver directory

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 06:48:20 PDT 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:49:17 -0400 (EDT), Vladimir Dergachev
<volodya at mindspring.com> wrote:

> >> No idea - really !
> >>
> >> Since we are talking about this - does via/unichrome support VIP bus ? Do
> >> you know of any cards that have other chips hanging off it ?
> >
> > Savage supports a VIP bus.  S3's code drop had some support for it,
> > however I dropped it when merging into DRI and then xorg.  FWIW...
>
> I see. Were there any cards made which have a video decoder attached to it ?

I have no idea.  I've never seen any.  S3/VIA may have made some for
use in set top boxes and such using their integrated savages.  here's
the original tarball they released to Alan Cox:
http://www.botchco.com/alex/S3/S3.zip
here's their implementation:
http://www.botchco.com/alex/S3/LinuxDriver/2D/savage_video.c

Alex