keysym revision checked in

Markus Kuhn Markus.Kuhn at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Sep 26 14:07:31 PDT 2004

I've just checked into freedesktop.org:/home/cvs/xorg completely revised
new versions of

  doc/specs/XProtocol/X11.keysyms
  include/keysymdef.h

and minor associated updates to

  lib/X11/util/makekeys.c
  lib/X11/KeysymStr.c
  lib/X11/StrKeysym.c
  lib/X11/KeyBind.c

This is to

  - officially add the Unicode keysym range to the protocol spec, such that
    a Unicode character C with 0x100 <= C <= 0x10ffff can be represented by
    the keysym value C + 0x01000000,

  - officially add Unicode mappings for the legacy keysyms to the spec,

  - move some of the new keysyms that XFree86 had added, and which
    were not in the protocol spec, into this Unicode keysym range,

  - make the keysym-number  <-> keysym-name-string conversion
    routines able to handle full 29-bit keysyms

http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg-commit/2004-September/001701.html
http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg-commit/2004-September/001708.html

Please have a look, and if you find that something related to keysym
processing broke with this change, please let me know.

Markus

--
Markus Kuhn, Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ || CB3 0FD, Great Britain