committing the wsfb driver

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Sat Sep 25 14:57:45 PDT 2004

On Saturday 25 September 2004 13:52, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> Adam Jackson wrote:
> > It's nice to be able to compile all drivers on all OSes for various
> > reasons (tinderboxing, dlloader sanity checks) even if they won't run
> > correctly on all OSes.
>
> I don't really agree. There are already a couple of drivers built only
> on Linux. And I don't see how using fake headers or stub functions  to
> build a driver that cannot run on a system provides any benefit.

I'm probably the only one that would see any benefit, and only as long as
dlloader is not the default.  The ability for me to load (but not run)
drivers that can't possibly work on my hardware allows me to at least
sanity-check the drivers to make sure they load.

But I'm certainly not going to insist on it, and at any rate wsfb looks
dlloader-clean.

> I'd rather avoid this kind of duplication. (there is a precedent with
> libusbhid, and it has been a pain to maintain).

Fair enough.  Merge away.

- ajax