Minimizing X.org 6.8.1 (not KDrive) to meet specs

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Thu Sep 23 13:47:26 PDT 2004

Torgeir,

This is not true. On the iPAQ handheld, for example, I turn off any of
these, and certainly if you don't need the functionality, you could
consider turning them off as well.

So, for example, on the iPAQ, I think currently we have the starred
extensions below not built.  This is using the kdrive driver framework.

Last I looked, the size was a bit over 500K bytes on ARM; but since
then, composite, fixes, and damage have gone in (though they turn out
to not be all that large.

The XAA driver framework is considerably larger; kdrive is much
nicer for small embedded systems, but lacks 3D and loadable drivers.
				- Jim

    BIG-REQUESTS
    Composite
    DAMAGE