Simulating dragging to a window?

Maurizio Colucci seguso.forever at tin.it
Tue Sep 21 05:38:21 PDT 2004

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this is not the right place to ask, but I
can't figure out where to.

As an add-on to the program http://onefinger.sf.net, I have to write a
command line program that takes the WId of some window, a file name, and
lets the window believe the file was dragged onto it.

I would like to know if this is possible, and if so, which is the
highest-level library to do so. I tried reading the qt library, section
drag&drop, but I couldn't understand if this is possible. Going to xlib
scares me. Could someone please help me or point me to some related
document?

Thanks a lot,

Maurizio