CVS write access

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Mon Sep 20 14:54:53 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 12:38, Kean Johnston wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I *really* apply for CVS write access? I tried both avenues
> mentioned on the website. mail to kaleb at shiman.com went anansered
> for over two weeks, and site-wranglers at freedesktop.org was
> rejected becuase the mailer insists there is no such address. So
> what is the *real* procedure to follow, and can someone update
> the web site accordingly?

What's been happening most is that someone is active in submitting
patches for bugs in bugzilla.freedesktop.org, I or another developer
notices, and offers commit access.  While this doesn't seem like a good
model, and I would be interested in whether the board wants something
else to be happening, it has worked for now.

But the key is first submitting patches for bugs and generally showing
yourself to be an active developer.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org