can't run gtk programs on Xvfb with a color depth of 16 or 24. why?

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Mon Sep 20 06:22:27 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 05:52, Sebastien wrote:

> > Why is this happening?  Is there a solution?
> File a bug at bugzilla.gnome.org.

Well, it's probably not useful against an older version of GTK+,
and an old version of X. (In a quick test, I can't reproduce the
problem here.)

But if you file a bug report, to make it a useful bug report, run your
program under a debugger with the --sync option, and get a backtrace.

> GTK+ is known to be one of the most broken X clients out there...

I would object to that characterization, strongly.

						Owen