Fonts and XKB problems

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Sun Sep 19 21:03:42 PDT 2004

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 11:03, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
>

>>I don't have PPC hardware to try this out on, but my guess is that a
>>change in behaviour from the old keyboard driver to the new driver have
>>caused PPC platforms to rely on XKB for VT switching (as it should, when
>>XKB is enabled).  The problem is that the XKB symbol file for PPC
>>(/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/symbols/macintosh/us) doesn't include the
>>definitions for the VT switch symbols.  Try adding the line
>>
>>     include "srvr_ctrl(xfree86)"
>>
>>to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/symbols/macintosh/us around line 250.

This should have been line 150.

> Ok, I did a quick try, it didn't work, but I may have done something
> wrong, I'll go back to the drawing board.

This wouldn't fix your "fr" keymap, only the default "us" keymap for
PPC.  Did this not work either?  I just tried

	setxkbmap -symbols macintosh/us

on my Thinkpad, which caused VT switching to stop working.  When added
the include to macintosh/us and reran setxkbmap as above, VT switching
worked again.

Kristian