Render Accel with Radeons

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Sun Sep 19 13:40:59 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 12:57 -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 12:33, Ayan Chakrabarti wrote:
> >
> > Btw, I downloaded the KDrive xserver (from the CVS) and am in the
> > process of compiling it (lots of the config.ac files are screwed, they
> > give an AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR after the AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE). The screenshots
> > looked pretty impressive. What features does it lack, if any,
> > vis-a-vis the X.org xserver (besides the fact that its still a
> > development version)  ? I read somewhere that there are some
> > permission issues,  is that still a problem ?

> For kdrive, you need automake 1.7, autoconf 2.57, and libtool 1.5.
> Trying to use anything less than that will just be a major pain.

I have automake 1.9.1, autoconf 2.59 and libtool 1.5.6 (fedora core 3
devel, all the latest), and I'm still having similar problems;

autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --no-force
configure.ac:32: AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR must be called before
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE...
configure.ac:28: ... AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE called here
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

This is with the latest kdrive build script as found at
http://www.freedesktop.org/~sk/

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir at pobox.com>