X.Org Foundation OFFICIAL SECURITY ADVISORY 2004-09-15

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Sep 15 19:04:17 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 19:01, Daniel Stone wrote:
>On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 02:22:44PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Leon Shiman wrote:
>> > I suggest we chalk it up to growing pains. The patch and README
>> > now available from X.Org have been throughly vetted and are
>> > official.
>>
>> What specific URLs have the your official patch and official
>> README?
>
>None.  ftp.x.org is bereft of 6.8.1 information, and the only
> current source is
> http://freedesktop.org/~xorg/6.8.1-afewmorepatchesareneeded/, whose
> name still bears quite some explaining.

Not to mention it doesn't exist according to your server.

Let me make a suggestion, Daniel.  Since I'm apparently wasting my
time grabbing the single tarball from the 6.8.1/src directory (but
I'll let it come in anyway in case its good for applying that patch,
or in case it is the really correct one), why not pull down all but
the correct files so we cannot get the wrong ones.  I think that will
put a stop to much of the confusion that seems to be running rampant
here.  We are rapidly getting the impression that neither hand knows
what the other is doing.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)