X.Org Foundation OFFICIAL SECURITY ADVISORY 2004-09-15

Leon Shiman leon at magic.shiman.com
Wed Sep 15 14:16:32 PDT 2004

Lots of people can post to this list. This is the first official
announcement concerning the security patch. The latest official release
available on the X.Org site is still X11R6.8.0.

I suggest we chalk it up to growing pains. The patch and README now
available from X.Org have been throughly vetted and are official.

I can only apologize for the confusion.

leon