Ati Radeon Mobility 9000 2 port from Colorgraphics question

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 06:41:00 PDT 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 07:38:11 -0400, Kaczmarek, Thaddeus
<tkaczmar at crownfin.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 16:21, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:20:38 -0400, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> Radeon
> Radeon

> for
> primary

> 1 are

> only

> > > Anything odd in your log?  perhaps the heads are not detected
> > > properly.  What sort of outputs does it have? vga? dvi? you may need
> > > to force the outputs using the "monitorlayout" option if they are not
> > > detected properly.
> > > e.g., for two crts use:
> > > Option "monitorlayout" "crt,crt"
> > > for dvi plus crt:
> > > Option "monitorlayout" "crt,crt"
> >
> > sorry I meant:
> > Option "monitorlayout" "tmds,crt"
> > here
> >

> > > See the radeon man page for more.
> > >
> > > Alex
> > >
> Arg,
> Do I need to specify two separate video devices when using
> Option "MonitorLayout" "TMDS, TMDS" ?

yes.  this option just forces the output types in case they are not
detected automatically.  Unforuantely I don't think multiple digital
interfaces are supported correctly at the moment.  It may work with
xorg cvs/6.8.0, but I don't have a dual digital setup to test.  For
example no one seems to be able to get DVI plus LVDS to work on the
new thinkpad laptops.  ati's last code drop had a improved output and
crtc handling, but it didn't apply after the DRI merge so it hasn't
made it in yet.  If you can't get it working open a bug on
http://bugs.freedesktop.org

Alex