Ati Radeon Mobility 9000 2 port from Colorgraphics question

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 13:20:38 PDT 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:09:57 -0400, Kaczmarek, Thaddeus
<tkaczmar at crownfin.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 15:50, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:33:01 -0400, Kaczmarek, Thaddeus
> > <tkaczmar at crownfin.com> wrote:
> > > I was testing a Colorgraphics two port card based upon ATI Radeon
> > > Mobility 9000 M9. Its Bus id's show up as
> > >
> > > (2:2:0) unknown card (0x130b/0x2512) using a ATI Technologies Inc Radeon
> > > R250 Lf [Radeon Mobility 9000 M9]
> > > (2:2:1) unknown card (0x130b/0x2513) using a ATI Technologies Inc Radeon
> > > R250 Ln [Radeon Mobility 9000 M9] [Secondary]
> >
> > pay no attention to the secondary PCI id.  it's just a placeholder for
> > the windows drivers.  when configuring multihead just use the primary
> > id for both devices.
> >
> > Alex
>
> If I use
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier  "Videocard0"
>         BusID       "PCI:2:2:0"
>         Driver      "ati"
>         VendorName  "Radeon Mobility 9000"
>         BusID       "PCI:2:2:0"
>         Screen 0
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier  "Videocard1"
>         Driver      "ati"
>         VendorName  "Radeon Mobility 9000"
>         BusID       "PCI:2:2:0"
>         Screen 1
> EndSection
>
> I still only get the display duped in both monitors.
> I tried without
> Screen 0
> and
> Screen 1
> specified in device section as well, still no joy. Screen 0 and Screen 1 are
> always duplicates.
>
> Also saw a similar type thing when testing with a Matrox G550, could only
> get duplicate
> screens, but it only showed one BusID.
>
> I am using the same basic configs outside of the device section for
> Videocards that works up to a four head setup.
> But those where using the older Colorgraphics cards based on cirrus.
>
> Anything else I may be doing wrong?

Anything odd in your log?  perhaps the heads are not detected
properly.  What sort of outputs does it have? vga? dvi? you may need
to force the outputs using the "monitorlayout" option if they are not
detected properly.
e.g., for two crts use:
Option "monitorlayout" "crt,crt"
for dvi plus crt: