X Server Grabbing!

Amir Bukhari ufz6 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Sep 11 10:06:18 PDT 2004

when grabbing Server no others request for client except the client
grabbing the server will be processed.

is there any way to registered other clients, which X Server should not
block their request during server grabbing?

if this not present now, could we add this to Xfixes extension?
this will be usefull when a single application open more than connection
to X Server and during Server grabbing the application perform
different  task. for example in our project LG (Looking Glass) we have
separated Thread each do a special task, one is 3D WindowManager (This
use Java escher xlib) and the second perform image manipulation (this
use xlib), thus X server see them as two seperated client.

-Amir