new member/GATOS development plans

Vladimir Dergachev volodya at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 9 18:39:53 PDT 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Colin Macdonald wrote:

> Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
>
>> my first interest is to merge in existing stable code - after
>> the HEAD is unfrozen.
>>
>> This will likely happen in the following order:
>>
>>        1. Radeon TV-in and miscellaneous I2C drivers
>>        2. Rage128 TV-in
>>        3. Mach64 TV-in
>
> How about the tvouput stuff from gatos?  Any plans to incorporate
> that code?  I'd love to have TV out working on my mach64 and/or
> radeon r200 and I've never been able to get the gatos stuff
> working with Gentoo GNU/Linux :(

This awaits a person willing to port this stuff. I don't want to do this
myself due to possible Macrovision protection issues.

However many people tried to persuade me that these problems do not exist
so, perhaps, someone else will do it.

Of course, it would be great if Federico Ulivi did it himself (he wrote
tv_output branch), but he appears to be busy lately.

Also, it is likely a good idea to discuss any Macrovision-related concerns
here on xorg mailing list before putting code in CVS.

                           best

                              Vladimir Dergachev