The ati petition

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun Sep 5 05:37:01 PDT 2004

On Sunday 05 September 2004 00:55, Lee Revell wrote:

> Have you filed a bug report against FC2?  This is probably your best
> bet, especially considering FC1 worked.  There's probably no point in
> trying CVS because there's been no activity on your xorg bug, probably
> because you were using a vendor release.

I wasn't aware that there was a specific FC-2 bugzilla.
Where exactly is it?

You describe the version of Xorg in FC-2 as a "vendor release".
Are there any "pure" Xorg RPMs?
Or does one have to compile from the CVS?
And if I did that, and the problem persisted,
would it be more likely to be examined?

Incidentally, can one assume that the problem is in the ATI driver,
and if so, could one compile that without compiling the whole system?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366