warnings

Ray Lehtiniemi rayl at mail.com
Fri Sep 3 10:50:29 PDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 01:15:50PM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:

> I would probably prefer that debrix only be used for developing the
> autotoolery, and that debrix pull from the monolithic tree until such time as
> the autotooled build process is felt to be sufficiently stable - at which
> point we'd stop calling it debrix and start calling it Xorg.

just grabbed a copy of debrix, and it seems to be only the xc/programs/Xserver
subtree, correct?  what happens to the rest of the tree when debrix
becomes xorg?

> I suppose that's Daniel's call to make though.  I know Jakub Stachowski has
> been doing some cool stuff in the debrix tree, but as far as the source
> itself goes I'd rather not deal with cross-syncs.

amen.  with cvs it's pretty horrible.  bitkeeper seems to be quite a bit
better.  not sure how tla handles things, i've not used it yet...

are there plans to move all of x.org onto tla or bitkeeper at some point?