large cvs commit

Alexander Gottwald alexander.gottwald at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Oct 25 04:37:45 PDT 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Roland Mainz wrote:

> Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> > >
> > > I just noticed this did not update the files added in HEAD. I'm working
> > > this issue now.
> >
> > The line above was missing the usual -d and -kk options
> >
> > cvs update -d -kk -j CYGWIN -j HEAD should work to bring the CYGWIN branch
> > to the same state as HEAD
>
> 1. This only affects the local filesystem until a "cvs commit" is
> issued, right ?

Yes.

> 2. New files are added and removed files are removed, too ?

Yes. If the revisions used are branch tags yes (branch tags are also
applied to dead revisions but normal tags  are not).
I had some problems with added file but this was because i missed the
-d in the commandline.

> 3. Does this properly mark new binary files as "binary" ?

Is binary a per-revision tag? AFAIK marking a file as binary will also extract
all other revisions as binary.

bye
	ago
 Alexander.Gottwald at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de