Configuring touchscreen on X

Tristan Van Berkom tristan.van.berkom at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 07:32:59 PDT 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:55:19 -0200, Raoni Novellino
<raoni.novellino at indt.org.br> wrote:
> Someone know how can I configure the touch screen on X?? my kernel
> support it.

AFAIK there is no current support for run-time calibration of touchscreens in X
(although someone was posting about writing one on this list about a
month ago...).

You can use a program called "touchcal" that will output the
"min-x/max-x/min-y/max-y"
values (which represends the range of the touchscreen grid) that are needed
by the touchscreens InputDevice section in the config file.

Cheers,
                                                -Tristan

Note: I dont know off hand where to get touchcal, I'm sure you'll find
it after a
short grep of the internet :-)