Savage work

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Wed Oct 20 14:59:57 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I have uploaded patches against the Savage Mesa driver, 2D driver and
DRM to http://freedesktop.org/~fxkuehl/savage. This is the current state
of my work on the savage driver. It breaks binary compatibility and I'm
not sure I'm done doing so. That's why I'm still not committing it. It
is the start of a real DRM driver for Savage that features three ioctls
so far, "init", "clear" and "event". The last one is used for emitting
and waiting for events with a centrally managed event counter. This is
already used by the patched Mesa driver for frame throttling. Later the
same event counter will be used for buffer aging.

The patches should work out of the box, except you have to edit
mesa/src/mesa/drivers/dri/Makefile.template to use drm/linux-core and
drm/shared-core instead of drm/linux and drm/shared.

There are also some fixes and cleanups (besides other messups ;-) in
there that I meant to commit separately, before the big binary
incompatible checkin. But I ran out of time.

I won't be around for about a week. So I wanted whatever I have so far
out there for people to look at or event try :-P.

Cu in a week
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |