Xlib Docs and/or How do I tell my WM to hide borders and title bar...

Sergei Mutovkin msergei at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 07:45:51 PDT 2004

Thank you very much Carl,

well one of the people from the newsgroups recommended me to follow:

    att.override_redirect = 1;
    XChangeWindowAttributes(display, win, CWOverrideRedirect, &att);

technique to make window fullscreen. Though now I'm fighting with how
to make my window trap all the pointer events and not give them back
to WM.

I wanted raw Xlib for my touchscreen calibration utility for Elotouch
which I have already finished more or less.. May be some more
finetuning if I have more time scheduled for touchscreen. I needed
small and fast approach.. My "gelocal" utility is only 11Kb... and
starts instantly...

Sincerely,
Sergei