X.Org mailing lists on x.org website are very nonconventional and irritating

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Mon Oct 18 22:15:02 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 15:17, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> I was previously subscribed to this year, and while going through the
> procedure on the website I found it incredibly non-helpful.

... (lots of ranting about the insanity of the current x.org mailing
list setup)

> Please take an hour to install GNU mailman and convert these lists
> over to it, or please move them to freedesktop.org where the
> infrastructure already exists.

I know I've been complained to by FreeBSD people about the terrible
x.org mailing list system, and I've complained about it myself.  It
would be very nice to see this fixed.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org