ATI mach64 core consultant work needed

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Oct 17 05:32:19 PDT 2004

On Sunday 17 October 2004 01:33, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
>On Sun, 17 Oct 2004, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Sunday 17 October 2004 00:46, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
>>> Well, one thing for sure is that I appear to have the same output
>>> from glxinfo, including ioctls.
>>>
>>> So it would seem that you do use direct rendering but it is
>>> awfully slow. Thus:
>>>
>>>      1. Try to turn off direct rendering (for example by deleting
>>> the necessary /dev/dri/card0 device) and check the FPS count
>>> using software only rendering - is it different ?
>>
>> No, it regenerated the /dev/dri/card0 device by running glxgears.
>
>Try deleting it and become a user so it cannot recreate it. With the
>obvious goal of forcing it to do software rendering.

I killed it again, became the user amanda, and got a segfault when I
tried to run glxgears.  Nothing in the log for the attempt.

At some point a month or so back when the MelaGL libs were installed,
glxgears went about 950 fps, but used 99% of the cpu, the Xorg.0.log
said direct rendering = no at the time.

Gotta run for a few hours, my son, in a large car, just checked in on
the phone and I need to go pick him up for long enough for a shower
and toss a few things in the washing machine.

>>>      2. What is the output of cat /proc/pci ?
>
>Sorry, I should put my glasses on - I meant to type cat /proc/mtrr.

[root at coyote linux-2.6.9-final]# cat /proc/mtrr
reg00: base=0x00000000 (   0MB), size=1024MB: write-back, count=1
reg01: base=0xc0000000 (3072MB), size= 128MB: write-combining, count=2
reg02: base=0xc8000000 (3200MB), size= 128MB: write-combining, count=3

--
Cheers Vladimir, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)