[patch] New mapping type _DRM_CONSISTENT

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Sat Oct 16 16:05:49 PDT 2004

Am So, den 17.10.2004 schrieb Jon Smirl um 0:30:
> On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 00:27:02 +0200, Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de> wrote:
> > > Isn't xf86drm.h supposed to live in drm/libdrm? Or has that been converted yet?
> >
> > There seem to be two copies of it floating around in the Xorg tree. The
> > header file that gets used (in the Savage driver) is definitely the one
> > in os-support. When I commit this I'm going to change both.
>
> Are you going to remove the copies is in the xorg tree? I hate having
> copies of things around. It's a sure path to bugs when one gets
> patches and another doesn't.

I'm in no position to remove anything from the Xorg tree. I'm CCing to
xorg at freedesktop.org. Can anyone there shed some light on the status if
libdrm?

Background: there is the (supposedly new) libdrm in extras/drm/libdrm
and there are copies of (mostly) the same files on
programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support. Is one of the copies going to be
removed?

Regards,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |