ATI mach64 core consultant work needed

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Oct 16 02:09:25 PDT 2004

On Saturday 16 October 2004 04:08, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
>>> It was written a while ago but most of things mentioned on this
>>> page still apply. The biggest difference is that a few of the
>>> issues have been fixed and cannot occur without an informative
>>> (at least for me) error message.
>>
>> Humm, I'm getting about 135 fps ATM, amanda is running.
>>
>> Just about everything checks, dri is enabled, but when I get to
>> the ldd thing?:
>> root at coyote root]# ldd glxgears
>> ldd: ./glxgears: No such file or directory
>
>It just can't find it - you should specify the path explicitly or
> do:
>
>ldd `which glxgears`
>
>Also, what does glxinfo tell you ?

Continueing on that websites link to the dri site, and checking some
more stuff, I get this too:
[root at coyote X11]# export LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose
[root at coyote X11]# glxinfo >/tmp/glxinfo
libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 4.0.1 r200 (screen 0)
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/r200_dri.so
drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:02:00.0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 4, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 4
drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:02:00.0
libGL error:
Can't open configuration file /etc/drirc: No such file or directory.
libGL error:
Can't open configuration file /root/.drirc: No such file or directory.
This came out of what I assume is stderr on the bash windows screen.
And /tmp/glxinfo looks like the file I sent in the previous msg.

The missing /root/.drirc file is looking like a real problem.  What is
supposed to be in this missing /root/.drirc file?  It apparently does
not exist even in the 6.8.1 srcs tree here.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)