Cross compiling the X server?

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Fri Oct 15 13:33:50 PDT 2004

The "monolithic" Xorg tree has support for cross compiling that Egbert
did.  I don't remember the exact details, off hand.

The modular tree (e.g. kdrive, often used for embedded work can also be
cross built, in the "standard" fashion for autotooled packages.  Phil
Blundel currently builds things this way, for the iPAQ, for example.
				- Jim