moving windows between servers

Greg Watson bugs at linuxlogin.com
Thu Oct 14 14:20:27 PDT 2004

Hello all,

Wanted to know if there was a way to move a app/window from one server
to another without using xinerama on the same host.

For example,

I have three servers running:

Right  (:0.2 1280x1024) - PCI
Center (:0.0 1920x1200) - AGP
Left   (:0.1 1280x1024) - AGP

All three are configured inside one xorg.conf using screen left/right of
directives.  However, do to the differences in bus speeds and the large
display area (4480x1200) it is not possible to run full xinerama.

I do not care to have windows "overlapping" seams.  I really just want
to "pop" off one server and push to another.  Is this possible?

Currently the mouse moves just fine between displays/servers but I would
like to move windows.

Thanks in advance,

System Specs:
xorg-x11: 6.8.0-r2
fvwm: 2.5.12
nvidia: 1.0.6111-r2
Video Cards:
	AGP nVidia NV25GL [Quadro4 900 XGL] rev 163, Mem 128mb
	PCI nVidia NV17 [GeForce4 MX 440] rev 163, Mem 64mb
Monitors:
	2x 1280x1024 LCD (4:3)
	1x 1920x1200 LCD (16:10)

--