What is driverSwapMethod = DRI_HIDE_X_CONTEXT?

Keith Whitwell keith at tungstengraphics.com
Wed Oct 13 10:48:04 PDT 2004

Felix Kühling wrote:
> Am Mi, den 13.10.2004 schrieb Jon Smirl um 18:53:
>
>>I just changed DRM to alternative between zero and POLLIN.... This
>>will make the DRM poll() function work like the kernel expects it to
>>and still work with existing X servers. Can someone please get this
>>incorrect code out of the X server?
>

> As I mentioned earlier, setting driverSwapMethod to DRI_KERNEL_SWAP
> seems to work for the savage driver. I bet it works for many others too.

I'd rather see the whole context-switching code in the shared code given a
good shaking out & fixed properly.  Ie. we should apply the same knife to the
shared DRI code that has been cutting the dead flesh out of DRM.

> AFAICT this tells the common DRI code not to use the DRM file handle.
> Once this is proven to work with all drivers we could axe the code for
> the other methods.

But it won't fix the code that's out there now, which is the backwards
compatibility concern.

Keith