ati driver dual head 2nd monitor incorrect resolution

John H. mistamaila at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 18:40:26 PDT 2004

ok, that didn't work at ALL.
Both monitors say sync outside of range, and if I
restart X, the computer locks(forcing me to turn it
off).  I do not think the settings you pointed me to
are the same for me, with radeon 9600se and x.org
6.8.1, because I tried with and without mergedfb
"false", and before I had to set sync range for
monitor 2 in device section, not as a separate
monitor, to get it to work.

Apparently it locked up my computer again, so I cannot
access it remotely right now to show you the config i
am using(but it is basically the same as what you sent
me to), with the correct ranges for both monitors.

http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Xinerama_for_Radeon_9200