ati driver dual head 2nd monitor incorrect resolution

John H. mistamaila at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 12:49:04 PDT 2004

Ok
I upgraded to 6.8.1 on my fc2 machine.
I have a radeon 9600, and told my xorg.conf to use ati
driver.

If I have the following...
   	Option      "MetaModes" "1600x1200-1024x768"
xinerama seems to work, but my second monitor, a flat
panel LCD at 1024x768, scrolls vertically once I log
in from xdm/gdm, so when I maximize apps in it I have
to scroll down or up to see them all.

If I do
Option      "MetaModes" "1024x768-1024x768"

Neither monitor needs to scroll(maximized apps work
fine) but obviously I want a higher resolution on the
first monitor, 1600x1200.

any ideas?