problems with ati 9600 xinerama

Chuck Mead csm at MoonGroup.com
Sun Nov 28 11:05:15 PST 2004

Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:23:21 -0500, Chuck Mead <csm at moongroup.com> wrote:

>># Xorg configuration created by system-config-display
>>
>>Section "ServerLayout"
>>        Identifier     "Dual Head Configuration"
>>        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
>>        Screen      1  "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
>>        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
>>        InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
>>        Option      "Clone" "off"
>>        Option      "MonitorLayout" "CRT, CRT"
>

>            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> this option should be in the device section for screen 0 of your config.

Okay so I put it in the Videocard0 device and voila!

Dang it... now native xinerama is working!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The advantage to this is that now I can have different resolutions on my
two monitors and since one of them is a 21" that is a very good thing!

Attached is my current working config! I really appreciate this Alex!
Can't thank you enough.

--
csm at moongroup.com, head geek
http://moongroup.com