problems with ati 9600 xinerama

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Sun Nov 28 01:22:54 PST 2004

Chuck Mead wrote:

> I finally gave up on classic ximerama with this card and with
> the help of a user on freenode:#xorg I got the desktop I had been
> wanting using this config:
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier  "Videocard0"
>         Driver      "radeon"
>         VendorName  "ATI"
>         BoardName   "ATI Radeon 9600"
>         BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
>         Option "MergedFB" "True"
>         Option "CRT2HSync" "30-70"
>         Option "CRT2VRefresh" "50-160"
>         Option "MonitorLayout" "CRT,CRT"
>         Option "OverlayOnCRTC2" "true"
>          Option "MetaModes" "1280x1024-1280x1024"
>         Option "CRT2Position" "RightOf"
> EndSection

Though, it may be interesting to understand why "traditional" dual-head
doesn't work anymore with radeons.

I have a 9200 which also seem to only be able to use mergedfb with
X.Org, and I've one report of a OpenBSD user who was using traditional
multi-head on XFree86 4.4 with a radeon 7000, but cannot get it working
with X.Org 6.8.1.

--
					Matthieu