[Dri-users] snapshots status

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sat Nov 27 03:28:56 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 15:46 +0100, Felix Kühling wrote:
> I just found http://www.freedesktop.org/dri/snapshots/. Now I wonder
> where I find this in the freedesktop.org filesystem. Is it /srv or
> /home/srv? Ah, I just saw it's the same thing with a bind mount from
> /home/srv to /srv. So I guess /srv is the path to use in scripts even it
> is ever moved to another file system.
>
> I'm going to set up a snapshot cron job in my freedesktop account that
> builds snapshots in my home dir and uploads them to
> /srv/www.freedesktop.org/dri/snapshots/.

No.  This should be under /srv/dri.freedesktop.org/snapshots, not
www.freedesktop.org.  If it is under www.freedesktop.org, I'll gladly
set up a redirect for you.

> On a related note, is it safe to put up the old snapshots? There is no
> guarantee of their integrity unless they come from a backup made before
> the break-in.

Probably not.  Only reason we put up the old CVS was that I took a
snapshot of the entire CVS repository as of 20041015 and had it on a
couple of known-good machines.