Old and new CVS repositories are available via rsync

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Sun Nov 21 12:42:13 PST 2004

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 10:13:36AM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:

> I've made the post-breakin version of CVS available for anonymous rsync
> along with a relatively old version of CVS.  We need help looking over the
> differences in the repositories to make sure there aren't any 'unexpected'
> changes.

I looked at HEAD and each of the tags and branches.  The only ones with
differences between the two snapshots (besides HEAD) are:

    lg3d-dev-0-6-1
    CYGWIN-6_8_1-MERGE
    XORG-6_8-branch
    CYGWIN-HEAD-LAST-MERGE
    CYGWIN-HEAD-MERGE
    CYGWIN

While I cannot comment on the correctness of the code, I've visually
inspected the changes made to each of these branches/tags and have found
no suspicious code.

As expected, the majority of changes are on HEAD.  I've visually
inspected the changes on HEAD with the exception of Xprint and the SiS
and VIA drivers.  If Roland can confirm Xprint is okay and the SiS and
VIA driver authors can verify that their driver code is okay, then I
think the CVS snapshot from Nov 15 will be okay to use.