Dual Head on radeon IGP 340M

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 18:02:21 PST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:36:36 -0600, Loren A. Linden Levy
<lindenle at uiuc.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First off I would like to thank X.org for fully supporting this card,
> for the first time since buying my laptop I now have the
> 3d-acceleration working and it looks great. I also wanted to try using
> the card in dual head mode (in Linux), so i set up my xorg.conf as
> shown below. However this configuration does not give me a dual
> display but just a display on the external monitor. Can anyone offer
> some help/advice as to what I am doing wrong (will these even work in Linux, I know it does in window$). Thanks a bunch.

the monitorlayout option defines the outputs so to use lcd plus crt
port you'd need:
monitorlayout "LVDS, CRT"

Also some IGP chipsets have problems with dualhead that no one has
been able to track down yet.

As an alternative you can also try mergedfb.  see the radeon man page
for more info.

Alex